----- Original Message ----- From: "Uwe Stöhr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Geoffrey Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: WinInstaller 0.51

Geoffrey Lloyd schrieb:

Ok the debug window clearly shows an error

It says

Failed: gswin32c.exe 0lyxpreview.ps

Thanks Geoffrey for your investigation. I also get this error with some documents that use complicated math constructs (for example if I load my math-documentation
http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/LyX/LyXMathebefehle/LyXMathebefehle.lyx )

The problem is a bug in the Ghostscript version (8.15) that is used internally by MiKTeX.

Does Instant preview work when you create a new document (without preamble stuff) with simple formulas like:

A=B

regards Uwe

Yes I get the same error - except the number increaes by 1 eachtime.

For reference when I had the original 1.3.6 version (Angus Installer) and installed ghostscript by hand Instant Preview worked fine so I am not convinced it is a problem with MikTex as I have not changed my MikTex installation.