----- Original Message ----- From: "Uwe Stöhr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Geoffrey Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: WinInstaller 0.51

Geoffrey Lloyd schrieb:

Ok the debug window clearly shows an error
It says

Failed: gswin32c.exe 0lyxpreview.ps

Does Instant preview work when you create a new document (without preamble stuff) with simple formulas like:

A=B

Yes I get the same error - except the number increaes by 1 eachtime.

Could you please send me the "0lyxpreview.ps"? (This file is stored in LyX's temp directory.)

I have sent this off list

For reference when I had the original 1.3.6 version (Angus Installer) and installed ghostscript by hand Instant Preview worked fine

That means Ghostscript was already installed when you used my installer? If yes what is the version of Ghostscript?

It was AFPL GhostScript 8.51 but I did a full uninstall before I began with your installer.

Another idea:

Could you please close LyX and then move its preferences folder "LyX" from
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\
to another location and restart LyX? (LyX should then create a new preferences folder)
After this enable Instant preview again.
If it works, could you please zip the old preferences folder and send it to me.

It didn't work.
Thanks in advance
Uwe

Another message I do seem to get is this-

Consider installing the PyWin extension modules if you're irritated by windows appearing briefly

I am not sure whether this is important - it appears each time before the

Failed: gswin32c.exe 0lyxpreview.ps

error message.

Also I can open and view the .ps file here using gsview which uses ghostscript from your insraller.

Geoff