----- Original Message ----- From: "Uwe Stöhr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Geoffrey Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: WinInstaller 0.51

Geoffrey Lloyd wrote:

Another message I do seem to get is this-

Consider installing the PyWin extension modules if you're irritated by windows appearing briefly

You can ignore this. This messafe wil always be printed in the console also when Instant preview works.

Failed: gswin32c.exe 0lyxpreview.ps

Also I can open and view the .ps file here using gsview which uses ghostscript from your insraller.

The command
gswin32c.exe 0lyxpreview.ps
is succesful with your file on my system.

And on mine if i put 0lyxpreview.ps in the same folder as gswin32c.exe or tell it where to find it. This suggests it cant find the .ps file maybe?

Could you search the whole "c:\" drive for the file gswin32c.exe? Does it exist twice? Are there perhpas paths in the PATH environment variable left?

No other copies of gswin32 and nothing left in the PATH environment variable

If nothing else helps, reinstll LyX again with my installer (my uninstaller cleans up the registry better than the original uninstallers).

Still doesnt work after this

regards Uwe