----- Original Message ----- From: "Uwe Stöhr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Geoffrey Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: WinInstaller 0.51

Geoffrey Lloyd wrote:

The command
gswin32c.exe 0lyxpreview.ps
is succesful with your file on my system.

Could you check as last try to copy the "0lyxpreview.ps" from LyX's temp directory to LyX's install folder ~\etc\Ghostscript\bin Then start a console, change to ~\etc\Ghostscript\bin and try if the command

gswin32c.exe 0lyxpreview.ps

is successful.

It is (I think i mentioned this in the last email)

Another thing would be write permissions. Please assure that LyX's temp directory and output/working directory has write permissions.

The temp directory constantly resets itself to read-only but it must have write permissions as all the preview files appear there.

Please also send me a small example LyX-file that you used to test Instant preview.

I will send one off list but it even fails for something simple like a=b

regards Uwe