----- Original Message ----- From: "Uwe Stöhr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Geoffrey Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "LyX-Users" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: WinInstaller 0.51

Geoffrey Lloyd wrote:

Here is the lyxrc.defaults file which shows the path from Lyx

Everything is fine there. So I have now no more ideas.

What about this:

What was already installed when you used my installer? Python, MSYS, Perl?

regards uwe

Having also run out of ideas I created a new partition and installed lyx to F:\lyx

Aspell and GSVIEW still installed to C:\

Interestingly InstantPreview now works.

I uninstalled and reinstalled in the usual C:\Program Files\Lyx and it failed

I tried again at C:\Lyx and it worked fine once again. Is this a spaces in path problem (I am using Miktex 2.4.1704) ???

Also - unrelated I am sure - the startup time in the non-default locations is much quicker.

Geoff