John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Manveru<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
To the discussion about data format preference:

I am reading all your comments about XML, YAML and other suggested data
formats. And this discussion reminds me something about XML what almost
nobody is remeber about. How many LyX user are working in large team
projects? How often they have to merge text files from different branches?
Have you ever merge XML? I tried - it is horrible work.

I don't see why it would be harder if we "just replace \begin...\end

I think LyX cannot exist with XML data format without build-in document
merge functionality.

This would be nice in any case.

Shameless plug:

http://www.lyx.org/Donate#sponsorship