I had an error while writing on a document which kept producing the following
output:
PostScript GPL Ghostscript 8.63: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
GPL Ghostscript 8.63: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
dvipng warning: No GhostScript pngalpha output, cannot render raw PostScript
GPL Ghostscript 8.63: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
GPL Ghostscript 8.63: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
dvipng warning: No GhostScript pngalpha output, cannot render....

this continued for some time until after about half an hour or so the lyx
process hanged and I had to finish it with kill xxx and restart it again (and
use the emergency save).
I used LyX1.6.1
I though this would have gone after installing 1.6.2, but I have the same
problem. I checked the dvipng, 1.11-1 is installed and the newest version in
Debian lenny

This seems to be related:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lyx/+bug/236785
but I am not sure whether it is an unsolved issue. Could somebody help me?

Wolfgang