Am Friday 03 April 2009 21:11:53 schrieben Sie:
> Wolfgang Engelmann schrieb:
> > PostScript GPL Ghostscript 8.63: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
> > I used LyX1.6.1
> > I though this would have gone after installing 1.6.2, but I have the same
> > problem.
>
> This is then a bug in Ghostscript. Updating to Ghostscript 8.64 should fix
> it (and LyX 1.6.2 fixes many, many bugs too).
>
> regards Uwe

Thanks, Uwe,

but I am still struggling with it. I am using Debian Lenny, and hesitate to
switch to sid. If I try to use the Debian-package management system
(Paketverwaltungssystem) http://packages.debian.org/de/sid/dpkg
I get a lot of other packages needed for Ghostscript 8.64 such as debconf,
libraries .. and they too depend on others....

Is there any other way to avoid the Ghostscript error I am getting? Or is
Debian sid safe to use?

Wolfgang