Am Thursday 09 April 2009 10:56:29 schrieb Guenter Milde:
> On 2009-04-08, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
>
> I use Debian/testing and
>
> #> ghostscript --version
> 8.64
>
> . I would try to download the package from packages.debian.org and try an
> install with `dpkg -i gho*.deb`. If the dependencies are met by Lenny
> packages, this should work. If there are many unmet dependencies, you
> could try to add "testing" to your sources.list.
>
> Günter

Thanks, Günther

I have upgraded to Debian squeeze
and made sure all the other pakages lyx 1.6.2 needs are installed
( http://packages.debian.org/de/sid/lyx)

I am still getting

GPL Ghostscript 8.64: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
dvipng warning: No GhostScript pngalpha output, cannot render raw PostScript

anyody any idea whats going wrong?

Wolfgang