On Monday 27 April 2009 11:51:38 pm Drew Kime wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:02 PM, tedc <carneva...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > So my question is: how do I tell LyX or LaTeX that
> > \textstyleInlinecode{for i=0,n-1}
> > means to render
> > for i=0,n-1
> > with a specified typeface? or at least as "typewriter"?
> > --
>
> Lyx has an option to specify a typewriter face. Simply highlight the text,
> click on Edit->Text Style->Customized, and under "Family" select
> Typewriter. Then check what it does to the code, and do a global replace to
> get all occurrences.
>
> Drew

You can do that, but in my opinion it's a bad idea because the text should be
Typewriter for some specific reason. There could be several parts that are
Typewriter faced for different reasons, and once you say "typewriter face",
you've put them all in one bucket. If you use character styles instead, then
if later you decide a certain category should also be boldface, you can do
that.

STevET

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package