On Sun, 3 May 2009, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Mine display on the title slide, but I use a somewhat different approach.

  I think that mine used to display on the title slide, too. It's been a
while since I created a presentation so I cannot be certain of what changed
when.

That coupled with the printing of the internal image name makes me think
that beamer can't find the actual image file (or thinks it can't find it). I'll second Juergen on this: can you post a stripped document (maybe just
title slide and first content slide) plus the image file?

  It looks that way, but specifying the full path doesn't help either
(that's how it used to be).

  Small file attached. Logo to follow on separate message as total size
(even when tarred and gzipped) exceeds MLM message size of 60000 bytes.

  BTW, on a related issue, how can I use the keyboard to mark a large block
of text? I cannot find this in the users guide (under selecting text) nor
can I find a keyboard shortcut to do the job. My trackball doesn't have a
wheel and trying to block a large amount of the display is a slow and
painful process because the document does not automatically scroll when the
cursor is at the bottom of the frame.

Rich

#LyX 1.6.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 345
\begin_document
\begin_header
\textclass beamer
\begin_preamble
\date{}
\usepackage{pgfpages}
\usetheme{JuanLesPins}
\useinnertheme{circles}
\useoutertheme{smoothtree}
\usecolortheme{crane}
\setbeamercovered{transparent}
%\hypersetup{bookmarksopen=false,pdfpagemode=FullScreen}
\usepackage{graphicx,relsize}
\end_preamble
\use_default_options false
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\font_roman palatino
\font_sans default
\font_typewriter default
\font_default_family default
\font_sc false
\font_osf false
\font_sf_scale 100
\font_tt_scale 100

\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\use_hyperref false
\papersize default
\use_geometry false
\use_amsmath 2
\use_esint 0
\cite_engine basic
\use_bibtopic false
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 2
\tocdepth 2
\paragraph_separation skip
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default
\tracking_changes false
\output_changes false
\author ""
\author ""
\end_header

\begin_body

\begin_layout Title
Environmental Impact Assessment
\end_layout

\begin_layout Subtitle
Workshops in Perth & Melbourne, Australia
\end_layout

\begin_layout Author

\size small
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
\begin_inset Newline newline
\end_inset

Troutdale, OR
\size default

\begin_inset Newline newline
\end_inset

\size scriptsize
(Copyright
\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
copyright
\end_layout

\end_inset

 2009
\noun on
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc
\noun default
.)
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
\begin_inset ERT
status open

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
pgfdeclareimage[height=0.5cm]{institution-logo}{aesi-logo.pdf}
\end_layout

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\end_layout

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
logo{
\backslash
pgfuseimage{institution-logo}}
\end_layout

\end_inset

\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
\begin_inset ERT
status open

\begin_layout Plain Layout

%
\backslash
beamerdefaultoverlayspecification{<+->}
\end_layout

\end_inset

\end_layout

\begin_layout Section
Overview
\end_layout

\begin_layout Subsection
Introduction
\end_layout

\begin_layout BeginFrame
Purpose
\end_layout

\begin_layout Itemize
Humans have altered natural systems throughout history.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Itemize
In 1960s---1970s more awareness of human impacts.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Itemize
Little science involved in laws and regulations.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Itemize
Expression of values and beliefs.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Itemize
Objective: become aware of the less-obvious issues and factors.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Itemize
Goal: have you think about process, not do by rote.
\end_layout

\begin_layout EndFrame

\end_layout

\end_body