Le 25/08/2009 03:36, Jonatan R. Catai a écrit :
Maybe my next question would fit better in another topic/subject but
I'll ask it right here, since it still relates with this issue (please,
I have no intention attacking anybody or any idea, it is just
curiosity): Who have determined that the textclass would have such
behavior for short captions (or wherever other feature) and is there a
reason for that?

I would think it is a classical typographical convention. One place where this kind of things may be described is in the memoir class documentation (one part is not about the class itself, but design of document classes). Otherwise, I am sure that somebody over at the comp.text.tex newsgroup knows the answer.

JMarc