Somehow my last post was cut at the end, so here again the full text (I hope so):

So, now some interim report about me trying to compile lyx
on 10.6.

To sum up, I think I messed things up with QT.

First, I didn't find QT 4.3.3 on the QT/Nokia page, the
links to the "archives" there aim to quite empty ftp-servers
with QT3-versions on it.
So I downloaded the actual QT4.5.2 for Mac binary installer
and installed it. That was not a good thing to do.
Later I found the QT4.3.3 source-package by googling
around. I haven't installed this yet.

I tried to compile the lyx 1.6branch which I got via svn
(nice thing: 10.6 has svn already included now) following
the instructions of the INSTALL.MACOSX file.

Well, configuring always fails as it cannot find the
qt-directory.

I looked up where the 4.5.2 binary installs files:
Qt Designer, Qt Linguist: /Developer/Applications/Qt
Qt Documentation: /Developer/Documentation/Qt
Qt Examples: /Developer/Examples/Qt
Qt Plugins: /Developer/Applications/Qt/Plugins
Qt Frameworks: /Library/Frameworks
Qt Libraries: /usr/lib
qmake, moc, uic, etc.: /Developer/Tools/Qt (symlink to
/usr/bin, so they are really there)
Uninstall script: /Developer/Tools/uninstall-qt.py

I tried it with /usr/bin and /Developer/Tools/QT as
Qt-path-option of the configure command: Same result qt
directory not found.
So I thought about going one step back by removing 4.5.2
first and then compile 4.3.3, but:
The uninstall.py script runs fine and exits without error,
but it didn't remove anything.
As this does not work, I think I have to figure out every
single file that the binary installer placed onto my
harddrive. How nice that it installs to /usr/lib and
/usr/bin by default! *grml*
I stopped here and didn't do anything, before making all
that mess bigger.
In sum I warn everbody: Don't install the Qt 4.5.2 binary.

But maybe I should give 4.5.2 another try with another
path/to/Qt, any ideas?
Or can somebody tell me, how I easily remove 4.5.2 without
the uninstall.py script?

Thanks for your help.

BTW: Should I place further posts on the developer-list?

Johannes