On 12/28/2009 11:45 AM, John Kane wrote:

I don't work with bibliographies but as I understand it they are reference
lists plus.  A reference list only contains the references cited in the text.
Bibliographies, I believe, do this and may add other relevant reading materials
not directly discussed in the article/book but which may be useful or
interesting to the reader

The term "bibliography" can mean a few different things. One thing it can mean is just a reference list, and that's what it means in LyX and LaTeX, though you can add non-cited sources to the bibliography if you wish. It can also mean something like a collection of sources on some topic, such as when I tell a student, "Compile a bibliography on Descartes's version of the ontological argument".

rh