Petr Šimon wrote:
> Currently the cite keys are customizable, but I am thinking about removing
> this feature. Are there any serious reasons why custom cite keys are
> important?

having reasonable citekeys is good once you do final polishing of exported tex
file and also good for orientation in lyx citation dialog. i didn't get if
this pose problem for the features below. in case no problem arise from
customizable keys why to remove it.

>I want to keep them readable, so the LyX dialog can be used side
> by side with Zotero, e.g. to change text before and after, because this
> cannot be done through the pipe (only insertion is possible).

once you feel like having stable version i wouldn't mind putting some advert
into news section of lyx main page. just let us now.

pavel