It seems very obvious that i have get down more on the basics of LaTeX.
 Even though i managed so far with LyX, without getting too much on LaTeX,
it will not take me any further.

Some of the options can be set by editing the from the LyX interface and
some of hem through inserting TEX code.

And i find that hard to decide which one is the better option to go with .

Regards
Sajjad