I think that most of the slide transitions are not helpful, and serve no purpose, so I don't care about having them or not. Converting PP presentations to pdf is easy, and the output looks fine, just as the pdf output of Lyx/Beamer presentations. It is disappointing and frustrating that Impress, the OpenOffice "clone" of PowerPoint is so buggy and unstable-- it actually makes Powerpoint look good.

EK