2010/8/17 Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org>:
> Rob Oakes wrote:
>>  Dear LyX Users and Developers,
>
> firstly, thanks to care about ubuntu repos. the most frequent bug report
> is the combination of lyx 1.6.5 & qt-4.6 in lynx; dont know if buntu's
> policies permit this but it would be great if all buntu users got 1.6.7
> automatically updated through the online updates - i guess that regular
> crashes really debase the reputation of the package in the users eyes.

As far as I know they were allow to patch the bug only. They do not
want to change functionality and change any library dependencies. But
I think this is only available for packages actively maintained on
Launchpad for Ubuntu maintenance. I wonder if it is possible to patch
the version and release bugfix version.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl