On 10 December 2010 12:37, <lyx-users-h...@lists.lyx.org> wrote:

> > 2. conflict in thesis template
> > Beyond that, changing to the automatic AMS math package in the thesis
> > document introduces new errors. In a brand new, entirely unmodified
> > chapter template file, XeTeX compilation now complains about the use of '
> > \addto \extrasenglish{' in the preamble (used to define cross reference
> > identifiers). Is this another conflict between XeTeX and ... is it
> > *hyperref * these overrides refer to?
>
> The reason for this is that XeTeX now uses polyglossia, which does not know
> these \addto commands (which are from babel). Are these templates shipped
> with LyX? If so, we need to embrace these calls in
>
> \...@ifpackageloaded{babel}{%
> }{}

Yes, these are the thesis set of template files that ship with LyX 2.0.

I tried adding this to the chapter template preamble. The error is removed,
but it seems to be because the commands are not processed — the cross ref
labels are not applied.

> > 3. custom character-style error
> > Finally, and this is more an annoyance than an impediment, my custom
> > character style module (based on info from Rob
> > Oakes<http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2009/11/14/customize-lyx-
> character-styles<http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2009/11/14/customize-lyx-%0Acharacter-styles>
> >)
> > generates an *Undefined flex inset *error: 'Flex inset
> TechnicalDefinition
> > is undefined because of class conversion from article to article' (and
> the
> > same occurs in scrbook). This only seems to get thrown if I save a change
> > made within Document Settings, not on view, etc. Is there something in my
> > module that might cause this?
> >
> > #\DeclareLyXModule{thesis styles}
>
> There has been some syntax change. And if I remember well, it is difficult
> to handle self-defined modules. But I'm not sure. Richard can tell you
> more.

Is there documentation on the correct syntax? I've not been able to find
that until now.

Thanks again. [Sorry for accidentally posting to you twice, Jürgen]

 Jürgen