On 08/04/2011 8:33 AM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
Hello Pavel,

I don't unserstand what happened, a lot of strings which are not translated
in frenchb.ldf have disappeared.

do they really stopped working when you typeset the french document? i see those
strings in
http://ftp.cvut.cz/tex-archive/macros/latex/required/babel/frenchb.dtx

    \def\tablename{{\scshape Table}}%
    \def\proofname{D\'emonstration}%

Btw, there are some peculiarities that the mechanism is unable to manage,
like the \scshape required by french typography.

On the other side, I would have liked to correct the inconsistence in
French babel about the translation of table:

this should be reported to french babel maintainer, we shouldn't start
our own translation branch...
pavel

Actually, I think we should, eventually :)

--
Julien