On 06/28/2011 03:54 AM, Matthias Hunstig wrote:

It only partly worked for 1.6.10. I now have a very limited and to my eyes
strange selection of classes available, the rest is still markes as
unavailable; see attachment.

In 2.0.0., there are still not classes available in the menu at all.

Are there classes that you know you have installed in MiKTeX but do not appear on the list in 1.6.10? It seems to be finding the classes you would get with a minimal installation of MiKTeX. Also, did you try reconfiguring 1.6.10 after you deleted the local user directory?

I can't remember: have we looked at your configuration log for 2.0.0?

Paul