Zip files are forbidden on the list, so I'll try gzip.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Hunstig
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:02 PM
To: 'ru...@msu.edu'
Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: RE: no classes available after installation of 1.6.10 and 2.0.0-3

Hello,

And thanks for the continuing help, Paul.

> Are there classes that you know you have installed in MiKTeX but do not
> appear on the list in 1.6.10? It seems to be finding the classes you would
> get with a minimal installation of MiKTeX.

Yes. For example, koma-script ist installed and non of its classes not appear
in the list.

> Also, did you try reconfiguring 1.6.10 after you deleted the local user
> directory?

Yes, but it did not help.

> I can't remember: have we looked at your configuration log for 2.0.0?

I have posted it on the 22nd of June, a recent version is attached.

There are some "DEBUG: Failed to remove file" lines in the file.  As far as I
can see, at least some of the files it tries to delete are in the program
folder, to which the limited rights user does not have write access. Could that
be source of problems?

Regards

Matthias