Dear all,

    I am sure this question has been asked before, but searching the
list and the wiki did not produce any result. (please redirect me to
the correct place if I am wrong. Or enlighten me and I'll a dd a wiki
page if none exists).

Question: How do convince an existing Lyx installation to use a newly
installed Texlive system?

My user case:

a. I used to have Texlive 2010 installed. I upgraded to TexLive 2011
(better late than never...). I set up paths, etcetera
post-installation. (I did NOT erase my old Texlive 2010 installation,
because I still need it for older projects.) Now every call to
tex/latex/luatex, etc from command line brings up files, packages,
and binaries from the new installation (e.g. from
/usr/local/texlive/2011/)

b. I started Lyx, reconfigured and restarted it. Nothing happens. Lyx
uses the old Texlive class files in /usr/local/texlive/2010/, as well
as the old binaries.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA