Dear LyX-Community,

I'm finalising a textbook with about 120 figures, half of them screenshots.
The publisher told me to deliver the screenshots with better resolutions.
But now my book does not compile any more and LyX generates wired errors I
can't track:
****
(./000-sdl-buch.out
! Undefined control sequence.
l.47 \BOOKM

The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
****
["000-sdl-buch" is the name of my master file]

My assumption is that there is a memory problem:

1. I can compile every part of the book as long as I'm not compiling the
whole book at once.
2. I can compile the whole book without problems in draft modus e.g. without
integrating the pictures
3. To compile just a part but to tell LyX it should include counter and
references results in the same error.

I have not idea how to proceed: If I compile the book in two independent
parts what about the int-text references, bibliography and other automatic
generated lists (table of contents, table of figures etc.)?

Could a new organisation of the files helpful? (At the moment I have one
master file with 53 subfiles.)

Another possibility I'm thinking of are the pictures itself. In my first
version the pictures had about 80 to 300 kB. After shooting the screenshots
again half of them have now 200 kB to 700 kB (still bad resolution but maybe
sufficient?) the other half is between 2 to 4 MB. All the pictures are in
PNGs. Perhaps it would help to size the biggest pictures a little bit down?
But here the problem is: To some of the websites I have no access anymore
and all the pictures have overlaid graphics in it (to highlight some part of
the screenshot).

I'm at a loss and don't know how to proceed. Any hint would be *very*
appreciated...

Peter