On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 14:20:57 -0600, Nico Williams said:
>
>> Well, there's http://yaxml.rubyforge.org/ , which is a tool that
>> converts between (in both directions) YAXML and YAML.  Pair this with
>> my lyx2xml script and you have a way to convert to YAML.
>
> Well cool, I guess that's one less program I have to write. How close
> to finished is your converter?

It... works.  For that subset of LyX that I use.  This includes
tables, but not math (someone needs to port to Python the
LaTeX->MathML code that can be found all over), and who knows what
else.

You can find it at
https://github.com/nicowilliams/lyx/tree/lyxml/lib/lyx2lyx  -- look
for lyx2xml*.  Forgive the sloppy code.

If this is of use to you and you need more features and want to
contribute them, or maybe tell me what they'd be...  we can make this
better.

Nico