On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:15:15 +0000 (UTC), Guenter Milde said:

> Please don't be discouraged to continue the work on and publication of
> the lyx2xml script. I think it is a useful addition to LyX.

I have a question for you...

When is somebody going to write a lyx2yaml script?

Another question: Instead of having LyX's native format being
human-opaque XML, why not make it YAML, the ultimate in human
readability and writeability?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaml

As I understand, the LyX project's preferred scripting language is
Python, and PyYaml is an excellent YAML parser and emitter.

I don't have time or knowledge to write a lyx2yaml script, but if
somebody else takes the captain's chair, I'll for sure help.

Thanks

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt