It is flattering to say, hey John Doe the great novelist is using LyX,
but much more important is another question.

Is LyX the right tool for a publisher who wants to publish printed books
and ebooks from the same source, which is what publishers want to do
today. At least this is what I want to do. ;-)

While there is no question concerning the typesetting quality of
LyX/LaTeX, I still have questions concerning ebooks. I listed them in
another thread.
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg95701.html

You can write a bestseller with a pencil or with vim/emacs. LyX could be
a publishing environment producing high quality pdfs and ePubs ready for
distribution. Our target group are not authors (have a look at
Scrivener[1] to see what a program looks like that targets authors) but
publishers.

Cheers!
juh

[1] http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php