On 12/06/2013 1:02 AM, Dr Eberhard Lisse wrote:
of course he's right, but then he can google what DILLIGAF stands
for :-)-O
No he can't, with comments like
/"open source programs have great appeal for people who want to tinker with computers but almost none for those who actually want to do something."/

He would not be able to use Google as it is running open source programs, and he wouldn't use it as it's against his principles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_platform
/"//Servers are //commodity-class <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodity_computing>////x86 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86>////PCs <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer>//running customized versions of //Linux <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux>//."/

Further to that, finding a book with good amazon ranking would also be useless, as Amazon is also running open source, so he also would NOT use that service.
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-275155.html

In fact he probably doesn't do much web surfing with the open source Apache dominating the HTTP internet server market
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_HTTP_Server
/"Since April 1996 Apache has been the most popular HTTP server software in use. As of December 2012 Apache was estimated to serve 63.7% of all active //websites <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website>//and 58.49% of the top servers across all domains"//
/
There is a big chance the writers forum were he made those comments is also powered by an open source program.

Sorry for the outburst, I just can't believe how polarised some people are against open source programs. Personally I dont think you should feed him with fuel, just let it drop and continue on with your own life using the programs you enjoy, I dont think you have anything to prove. (but I do understand the sense of outrage after hearing the comments)

Steve