On 2013-10-29, Sebastien wrote:
>> This is a rather uncommon (but not unreasonable) request. I am quite sure
>> there is a way, at least with ERT.

>> If I were you, I would try to get this working in LaTeX first, asking at the
>> comp.text.tex usenet list. Then I would try to get LyX to generate the
>> required LaTeX code.

> Thanks for that. I did try fiddling with commands in ERT, but none
> of them worked. I'll try at the site you mention.

> Also, it might be interesting to note that, in his 'footmisc' package
> documentation, Robin Fairbanks repeats that it's best to avoid
> footnotes in titles — but in the very same document he has
> not one, but *two* footnotes before he even gets to the first
> paragraph!

Of course, the documentation is there to show what is possible with
footmisc, even if it is not recommended. There are other footnote
packages on CTAN, you could try whether any of them supports the style
you want to achieve. With a *minimal* LaTeX example that gives the
desired output, the LyX gurus on this list will certainly help you
implementing this in LyX.

Günter