Richard Talley <rich.talley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> And yes, create the folder (or directory) 'texmf' in your home folder and
put your xexexCV.cls file in it.

Hi Richard,
Some of what you said was a little out of my depth I think. But I did
understand your last sentence included above.

So now looking back at your original instructions I have done perhaps all of it:

    1) Put the xetexCV.cls file here:

    ~/Library/texmf DONE

    2) Reconfigure is under the LyX menu:

    LyX -> Reconfigure DONE

    3) When you start your document, point it to your local layout:

    Document -> Settings -> Document Class -> Local Layout...

This bit I am stuck at now. I got to Document Class and was disappointed not
to see it on the list from the drop down menu where I thought it should be.
I clicked then on "local layout" like you said, and that let me click
through my computer to find the ~/Library/texmf folder. But although I can
see the xetexCV.cls inside it, it is grayed out, so I cannot select it.
Any ideas?

Thank you!