Richard Talley <rich.talley <at> gmail.com> writes:
> The xetexCV.cls class file should go
>in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex (create
folders as necessary).
> Put the cvsplitbib.sty style file in the same place.
> Then reconfigure LyX.

Hi Richard, [N.B. I got a message saying I have
"lines longer than 80
characters" and to fix it.
So I am going to hit return here and there, hope
it does not confuse you if some of the computer
 stuff I copied and pasted
gets broken up a bit in the process!]
I did what you said above now. But still
 not working. Here is what I did:

> Put the xetexCV.layout file in the same working
folder as your LyX file.

Did that too.

> The example LyX file uses the font Minion Pro,
>which is a licensed font
you have to purchase. I substituted Fontin Regular.
> You also need Fontin
Sans. Both are available for free here:

I installed those 2 fonts also with Font Book.

> http://www.exljbris.com
>
> Use Font Book to add fonts to your OS X installation.
>In LyX, with the example LyX file open, use
 Document -> Settings -> Fonts.
 Check the choice to use non-Tex fonts, then
 change the Roman font from
> Minion Pro to Fontin
> Regular and the Sans font to Fontin Sans.

After installing those fonts, I have one option
 for Fontin Regular,
but I have 10 different 'Fontin Sans' choices.
 One of these is called
 'Fontin Sans Regular' - should I choose this
 one? (For now, I have done so).

> I also had to go into Documents -> Settings -> LaTeX Preamble
> and edit the
path to JRR-Tolkien.jpg to
>the correct one for my installation rather than
the author's.

I tried doing that. The method I used to get
 the address was clicking 'get
info' on the jpg file,
and then where it says 'where', I copied the address.
It looks like this:
/Applications/Lyx stuff/For making CV/xetexCV-LyX

So I pasted exactly that to replace the original
 address, so it now looks
like this:

\cvimage{/Applications/Lyx stuff/For making
 CV/xetexCV-LyX/JRR-Tolkien.jpg}

Was that right?
One thing I still get when I open the example lyx file is 2

Unknown token: \html_footnotes_as_endnotes \html_footnotes_as_endnotes

> Typeset with View -> PDF [XeTeX}

When I do that, I get 11 error messages.
 They are all to do with fonts. 4
says "font-not-found" and the others says
 something about mapping.

The first 4 of the former all are identical:
 " ...Bold}, ItalicFont={Fontin
Italic}]{Fontin}"
The 2 other of the former say:
  \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Fontin Regular}

The latter say: ...Bold}, ItalicFont={Fontin Italic}]{Fontin}

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

-----

 \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Fontin Regular}

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

----
 \makecvtitle

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.
----

 \makecvtitle

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

-----
 \emph{Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings }
 and \emph{The Silmarillion. }Often
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

----

Also, when I click the EYES BUTTON to try to see the pdf version of the
example file (Tolkien example), I get this message:

File does not exist:
/var/folders/zh/5qprckdd5bg4xn
5ddpqy7np80000gn/T/lyx_tmpdir.JL
7549/lyx_tmpbuf3/example4-xetex4-LyX.dvi

Help much appreciated!