RTS CTS are only important if you're using HTERM. No other model t software
that I know of uses flow control.

What you will have problems with is DSR/DTR. You need to make sure they are
asserted. Best way IMO is to make a full null cable. But you can also loop
back the pin. Tsdos and other applications check DSR to see if the cable is
connected.

-- John.