A quick check is to measure the voltages at the VDD and VEE test points
marked on the motherboard, they should be a strong +5V and -5V
respectively.  From the fault you are reporting it sounds as if the main
motherboard voltages are bad.  The NiCd should be about 3.7V when the
power is off.   The ‘corrosion’ looks like damage from leaking
electrolytic capacitors - very typical for the Model T and any old/vintage
equipment.

The next step looks like replacing all the electrolytic caps on the board
as well as the NiCd.  Fortunately ….. there is a video on YouTube on how
to replace them by Jeff Birt (the link has been posted on the forum but I
could not find it), that should help with the replacement :-)

I have seen this behavior quite a few times, on old Model 100s in
particular, the first step is to get the motherboard voltages clean and
stable.  There may also be broken/cracked solder joints on the board that
need to be repaired later - the PCB build quality was not the best. :(
The faint buzzing sound is possibly the DC/DC power transformer
overloading for some reason.