On 10/20/20 11:02 AM, Jim Anderson wrote:
> [...]
Thanks Jim, that is exactly what I was planning to do.  I'll leave it at
that then and not post them on the wiki since it's so easy to get it
from classiccmp.org.

> I'm still trying to figure out how to edit the terminal control codes for
> SPELSTAR.OVR because the version on that site is configured for some other
> terminal type, there isn't an installer for it, and aside from that there's
> something wrong with their copy of SPELSTAR.DCT because I only seem to have
> less than 50% success spell-checking files - it often aborts saying that
> there's an invalid dictionary entry.

I do have spellstar here but I never used it.  Let me see what (if
anything) I can do with it and I'll let you know.  To be honest, any
files I put on CP/M will end up on my linux box as LaTeX source, so I
hadn't really planned to spend any time getting spelling going.

> As an aside, a general question for anyone familiar with CP/M (or maybe this
> is a question specifically for Phil Avery): is there printing support from
> within M100 CP/M to the M100 parallel port?  If so, what would I select as my
> printer output device in WordStar to make this happen?  I tried setting it to
> the "Standard List Device (LST:)" and when I try printing the machine seems
> to lock up, which may just be because I didn't have a printer hooked up at
> the time.  I do have a parallel cable, and my trusty old LaserJet 4000N has a
> parallel port, I guess I just have to get going and move the MVT100 and
> monitor closer to the printer so I can actually try it...

Phil's in Australia (I think) so it might be this afternoon before you
see a response.  And yes, he's the one to answer since this is a BIOS
question. :-)

If it is set up in REXCPM, you'll want to check the CP/M STAT command to
set up the LST: device.

Cheers,    Bert