Från: M100 [m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com] för Jim Anderson
[jim.ander...@kpu.ca]
Skickat: den 29 oktober 2020 08:44
Till: m...@bitchin100.com
Ämne: Re: [M100] Wordstar 3.3 for MVT100 and CP/M on M-100

I was wondering how useful it would be to have a ZIP file posted of all the
necessary files to run WordStar 3.3 (including a WS.COM pre-configured for
VT100, standard printer on LST:, and all default options), and then have a
subfolder inside that with the optional files in case you want to run WINSTALL
to customize it yourself.  It would save a fair bit of copying if you just want
to be able to get it loaded and running quickly.  WordStar 3.3 only needs three
files to run (WS.COM, WSMSGS.OVR and WSOVLY1.OVR) and three more files to
customize for different terminal types, printers, and other program options
(WINSTALL.COM, WS.INS and WSU.COM).  I don't think the WS.COM available for
download on classiccmp.org is configured for VT100 though, so a ZIP with a
VT100-preconfigured WS.COM would probably be helpful.

Actually, I think there are more things that would go well inside said ZIP file
- I've tracked down PDFs of the installation manual and reference manual, a
training guide (although I think that's for 3.0), a short list of patch points,
and a long list of patch points (WS-BIBLE.DOC).  Another thing that would be
helpful would be a little write-up on the WordStar file format and on
conversion - I found a little perl script which strips the high bit from the
trailing character of each word, which can also be done pre-transfer with a PIP
command - modern word processors seem to have no facility to import a WordStar
document and this at least lets you bring in the text of the document even if
it doesn't interpret the formatting codes and dot commands.

        jim

---
När du skickar e-post till SLU så innebär detta att SLU behandlar dina
personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur detta går till, klicka här
<https://www.slu.se/om-slu/kontakta-slu/personuppgifter/>
E-mailing SLU will result in SLU processing your personal data. For more
information on how this is done, click here
<https://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/contact-slu/personal-data/>