Some research turned up that MS apparently discontinued this many years ago.  I
did locate and install it on my machine here which has Office 2016, but Word
doesn't seem to know it exists.

Best I could do is select 'US-ASCII' encoding when loading a native-format
WordStar document, which automatically strips the high bit from the trailing
characters and renders the file readable, but it doesn't seem to interpret
paragraph flow or any other formatting...

        jim