Hi Nic

I'm not sure what you mean.  Bought the application?

Gordon

On 30 Jul 2011, at 20:25, Nicolai Svendsen wrote:

Hi Gordon,

Would it work if you went and bought the application?

I know that's entirely ridiculous if that was the case, since you seemingly
can't even transfer the downloaded application elsewhere when downloading it
when reinstalling, but I guess it might be worth knowing. It completely defeats
the point of being able to control the installation completely, but even so.

Regards,
Nic
On Jul 30, 2011, at 8:24 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:

> Hi Nic
>
> It's worth pointing out again that the DVD option doesn't work on the server
> hardware.
>
> Gordon
>
> On 30 Jul 2011, at 17:57, Nicolai Svendsen wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> Yeah, the button is definitely there. I've done it, too, but it's kind of a
> roundabout way of performing a clean install. The fastest way I've found so
> far was to burn it to a DVD, then use Disk utilities on that DVD to format
> the drive and install the operating system. Installing OS X Lion, then
> launching its recovery partition only to reformat, then download the image
> off of Apple's servers seems ridiculous, even though that seems to be the
> method Apple even recommends. I guess, in truth, it was meant as an upgrade
> from Snow Leopard to Lion given its distribution through the App Store, and I
> can see why. Since the Recovery Partition it carves out needs the Application
> later in order to get access to the disk image on your internal drive, it
> can't format the drive nor reinstall it from scratch without a DVD or
> downloading a new installer. Now, if it only downloaded an application which
> contained an application to extract the recovery image, it'd be another story
> as you cou
ld