> To:            "Mac-N-DOS List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:          Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:59:21 +0000
> From:          steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>      http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/software/misc/index.htm
>
> lfnble10.zip   A utility which enables old Windows 3.1 programs
>                running on Windows to use long filenames.

Well, well. I was just thinking about that program today and wish I
knew where my copy was. Thanks.

I know it'll help ME, but I don't think that it'll help Gregg. The
program is for Win95 to enable Win 3.x programs (like Office 4.2) to
use long filenames. It worked well except for files that had spaces
in the filename.

Gregg can give it a shot--maybe using Win32s would enable it. But
since the underlying OS (DOS 6.x and Win 3.x) wouldn't know a long
file name if one bit it, I'm doubtful that it would work. But who
knows?

Thanks from me, anyway.

--
I'm a MUGWump: My "MUG" is on the Mac side of the fence (since mid-2002), and
my "Wump" is on the PC side (since 1989). I've been on the trailing edge of