How about calling on Adobe or some other big developers? It seems we used to
get some of them come thru in the past, and what better way to demo their
products in front of a captive audience of users??? This would become an
even easier sell in the future if we could get our membership attendance up
more. It seems we hit a high point in attendance a couple years ago when you
posted the meetings in the CJ tech page. Also, we could print some
flyers/info cards to leave in CompUSA, Murphy's and Mactown publicizing the
group. Just some thoughts.

Andy

> Hi,
>
> October 22nd's LCS meeting will feature a presentation by Apple's Byron
> Songer. I think he plans to demo Jaguar.
>
> At the November 26 meeting, LCS member Bill Rising will tell you everything
> you always wanted to know about applescript (well, maybe not everything).
>
> There is no meeting in December.
>
> I'm beginning to think about 2003 meetings. And I'm calling on YOU! That's
> right YOU! You know who you are.
>
> What are you interested in? What do you do with technology that you are
> willing to share with the group at a Louisville Computer Society meeting (no
> I don't think a demo of porn sites is pertinent :-) )?
>
> Are there any gamers out there?
>
> Do you use some piece of esoteric software that others might enjoy seeing.
>
> Is anyone use Speech recognition software they can demo?
>
> Let me know if you are willing to present at a Louisville Computer Society
> meeting. All meetings are on the 4th Tuesday of the month at Pitt Academy.
>

> Harry
>
> Harry Jacobson-Beyer
> Louisville Computer Society
> A Macintosh User Group
> 502-634-1103
>
> http://www.aye.net/~lcs
>
> Meeting Time: 7:00 p.m.
> Location:     Pitt Academy - 4605 Poplar Level Road
>
>             Pitt Academy is at the intersection of Poplar
>             Level Road and Gilmore Lane. From the Watterson
>             Expressway go south on Poplar Level. Pitt is the
>             first driveway on the left beyond the traffic
>             light at Gilmore Lane. The building is ell shaped.
>             Enter through doors at junction of arms of the ell.
>

> The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will be September 24
> For more information, see <http://www.aye.net/~lcs>. A calendar of
> activities is at <http://www.calsnet.net/macusers>.

Kind regards,
Andy
a0arno01 at athena.louisville.edu

Remember the two most important things in life:
      1. Don't tell everyone everything you know
      2.

The software box said, "Windows XP or better," so I bought a Macintosh.

"Macintosh. We may not have done everything right, but at least we knew
the century was going to end."-Douglas Adams

The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will be October 22