Don’t think it happened William, the write up in Wikipedia implies they are
still on their own,…in fact this year I guess they upset a few of their
customers based on the line below from the article.

In January 2018 the company faced criticism for announcing that it would no
longer be providing map updates for some devices. It also said that "lifetime"
meant the "useful life" of a device.

John