On 19/11/2016 20:28, Mike Ross wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm trying to add a toolchanger component to my config. I have a Compact5 lathe that is converted to steppers and I've got that much working (X and Z). I was also able to configure the toolchanger stepper as A axis to confirm its wired right.

I've tried looking at and copying from the toolchanger examples on the Machinekit.io documentation but I've stumbled.

A bit more background - I'm trying to copy the example toolchanger for the Boxford 240 example( found here: http://www.machinekit.io/docs/developing/toolchangers/) as its very similar to my turret toolchanger, mine is only 6 positions versus 8, but it too is a rotate past a pawl and then back up against it type, no sensors, and converted to a stepper motor. I've edited my hal, ini and the toolchanger.comp to be what I think is correct...(i.e roughly correct - just looking for motion at the right time and place - fine tuning will come later). I seem to be failing to "load" the toolchanger component based on the log file and error message?
How did you build the component and is the toolchanger.so file physically where it should be?

'comp --install toolchanger.comp' will build and install into correct dir

1.
    Debug file information:
2.
    stat: No such file or directory
3.
    Compact5.hal:286: insmod failed, returned -1:
4.
    do_load_cmd: dlopen: toolchanger.so: cannot open shared object
    file: No such file or directory
5.
    rpath=/usr/lib/linuxcnc/xenomai

http://pastebin.com/2bMkjcnU

Eventually I'd like to add spindle speed control as well but for now 1 problem at a time.

Any help with this is appreciated

Thanks
Mike
--