Schooner - Thanks for the pointer - I had missed that I needed to install
the component.

I had to add the machinekit-dev packages to be able to run the comp
--install toolchanger.comp

Now when I run that I get the following errors:

toolchanger.c:55:5: error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool bEven;
       ^
toolchanger.c57:5:  error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool bToggle;
       ^
toolchanger.c63:5:  error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool bWarn;
       ^
toolchanger.c69:5:  error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool fjog;
       ^
toolchanger.c71:5:  error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool bjog;
       ^
I see that this is your original contribution - many thanks.  I hope I can
get it working without being too much of a pain.
Mike