On 21/11/16 01:16, Mike Ross wrote:
Schooner - Thanks for the pointer - I had missed that I needed to install the component.

I had to add the machinekit-dev packages to be able to run the comp --install toolchanger.comp

Now when I run that I get the following errors:

toolchanger.c:55:5: error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool bEven;
       ^
toolchanger.c57:5:  error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool bToggle;
       ^
toolchanger.c63:5:  error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool bWarn;
       ^
toolchanger.c69:5:  error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool fjog;
       ^
toolchanger.c71:5:  error: unknown type name 'bool'
       bool bjog;
       ^
I see that this is your original contribution - many thanks.  I hope I can get it working without being too much of a pain.

Yes I wrote this many years ago for Linuxcnc.  I still use it on the Boxford 240 lathe I wrote it for with Machinekit however, no reason to change what works.

The bool issue is probably due to some changes in types introduced a while back, it can be got over simply by either defining bool, true, false etc or
using hal_bit_t
I think I defined them in instcomp to allow bool to be used in the main function, could just do the same to comp.

I will look at it later and post an amended version which compiles with the current Machinekit.

Mike