Thanks Charles.

I'm confused.

I thought the machinekit firmware for the de0-nano programmed the fpga for
motion control to provide a very high quality pulse train to the drivers?

Bearing in mind my previous posts in this thread is there something I can
buy to properly interface a de0-nano to a g540 that's connected to a 6040,
could I use the beaglebone cape I have with jumper wires, is it only really
isolation and 3.3v/5v logic shifting that I want between the de0-nano and
the g540?

Thanks again.

On 21 Feb. 2018 01:17, "Charles Steinkuehler" <char...@steinkuehler.net>
wrote:

On 2/20/2018 4:40 AM, Richard Thornton wrote:
> Thanks Charles.
>
> Is anyone on the list producing complete DE0-Nano_DB25's for sale?

Not that I know of, sorry.

The boards are available from OSH-Park:

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/ZSjsiCUd

...and they're pretty easy to assemble, just make sure you use the
real part numbers in the BOM rather than the generic KiCAD library
part name shown on the schematic:

https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/bobc_hardware/
blob/CRAMPS/DE0-Nano_DB25/DE0-Nano_DB25.ods?raw=true

Of course the main reason to have one of the DE0-Nano_DB25 boards is
for talking to Mesa hardware.  If you're not wanting to use Mesa DB25
daughter boards, you may want to just wire up something custom (since
you will probably need more driver and protection logic than is on the
DE0-Nano_DB25 anyway).  The DE0 uses standard 0.025" pin headers on
0.1" spacing so you can mount matching sockets on perfboard or use a
(short!) ribbon cable to connect to a hand wired breakout/driver board.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net