Yes make scrub_clean will wipe out the firmware.mif file and also the .vhd
config file. these files are easiest regenerated by running build.sh in the
quartus docker image, this is why I copied these files over with an
explicit note message in the commit list to make that clear.
After scrub clean you can "just" checkout the missing files from git.
The cv-ip folder name is due to mksocfpga contains multiple board configs
for both Xilinx and Altera / intelfpga