On Dec 22, 2012, at 11:19 PM, Dinse, Gregg (NIH/NIEHS) [V] wrote:

> I thought the number of power cycles was the most important factor in
> determining when a battery would need to be replaced.  This is why I was
> asking about the length of time between charges.  If I charge the iPad each
> night, but the battery would actually last for a week without recharging,
> won't the battery need replacing 7 times sooner?  I'm guessing that it won't
> really be 7 times sooner, but you get my point.  Or is that just a myth?

I'm not positive about iPads, but on Macs, fractional recharges are accounted
for as fractional recharges.  That is, if you recharge a battery from 50%, it's
counted as half a power cycle, not a full one.

--
  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.