Hi,

I have a new Mac Pro (cylinder style) and an old Mac Pro (tower style), both
running the latest Mavericks.  I would like to set up a disk on the old mac pro
that can be used for TimeMachine backups of the new mac pro.  How do I do this?

Both macs are connected via gigabit ethernet to the same router.  I can
successfully do screen sharing and file sharing.  I thought perhaps I just
needed to share my TimeMachine disk on the old mac (via the File Sharing panel
in System Preferences), but when I tried this, I could not see that disk when
choosing a TimeMachine disk on the new mac.  I could only see disks that are
directly attached to the new mac.

Is it possible to do TimeMachine backups of one mac to a disk on another mac
via ethernet?  If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks,

Gregg