> On Oct 30, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Neil Laubenthal <n...@laubenthal.net> wrote:
>
> On Oct 30, 2014, at 4:12 PM, Andy Ringsmuth <a...@andyring.com> wrote:
>>
>> The first time any device on your network downloads something cacheable, it
>> will then be cached. Any other devices that need the same update will
>> automatically pull from the caching server.
>>

> So…I don’t need to download the updates from the machine running Server? I
> can download them on my laptop and they get automatically posted up to the
> Server? What do I need to do for my other machines and iDevices to find the
> updates once they are on the caching Server.
>
> This will be a great boon to me…we live full time in an RV and bandwidth is
> both limited and expensive…so downloading once would be great. I already do
> this manually for OS X updates but being able to do it for iOS would be great.

All you need to do for your other devices to find the updates is run Software
Update. That's it. Literally.

http://help.apple.com/serverapp/mac/4.0/#/apd74DDE89F-08D2-4E0A-A5CD-155E345EFB83

I should stipulate that this is the Caching service. There used to be a
Software Update service in older versions of OS X Server (referenced in the
above documentation) that was less flexible and more complicated.

-Andy