On 7/20/02 2:07 PM, "David Wheeler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> claimed:

>> A failure for the libc test, which I didn't expect:
>>
>> ext/threads/t/libc...................FAILED at test 1
>
> It turns out that this is executed when you compile perl with -Dusethreads.
> I'm not sure why they're not working, but I sent some diagnostics to Artur to
> look at.

I heard back from Arthur. The word is this:

"This is known and it is sadly because Apples libc does not contain a
threadsafe localtime, the bug is entereted with apple but no reply yet!"

So what are the chances that this will be fixed by a future 10.1 update or
in Jaguar, Edward?

Thanks,

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                               Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]