On 7/21/02 8:07 PM, "David Wheeler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "This is known and it is sadly because Apples libc does not contain a
> threadsafe localtime, the bug is entereted with apple but no reply yet!"
>
> So what are the chances that this will be fixed by a future 10.1 update or
> in Jaguar, Edward?

I'm not Edward, and I probably know about 1/100th as much as he does on this
topic, but in case he doesn't respond:

<http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/unix.html> states that much of FreeBSD
4.4 has been backported to Darwin, so perhaps that includes a threadsafe
localtime?  In addition, the page notes that "Reentrant variants of standard
functions in the C library, such as Œstrtok_r,¹ help you port thread-safe
versions of UNIX applications."  Can't say if that's meaningful to this
discussion or not, but I thought I'd mention it because it sounds relevant.

 - geoff